A guide to Small Business Telephone Lines
All you need to know about phone lines for small Businesses
Running a small business isn’t easy, no matter what stage you are at. Communication is important right from the get go, whether this be between your business and its customers, employee communications, or communications between suppliers and your business. To make sure all communication routes are covered, it’s important that your business telephone lines are well suited to your needs.
Which business phone line to choose?
With so many options to choose from when looking for a new business phone line, it’s difficult to know where to start. Thankfully, in the modern age of technology, it’s easy to find about the many different options out there and make a better decision based on facts.
If you are a small business looking to have new phone lines installed, we’d recommend taking the time to look at the different options available to find the one that is most suitable for you.
I.T.S Telecom can walk you through the different phone packages we have available for small businesses, but before you get in touch, why not read about the different options for yourself below?
Business phone line options for small businesses
When looking for small business phone line options, there are a few options available to you. We have listed the different options below with a brief explanation of each:
- POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) Lines – POTS phone systems are basically analogue lines which allow just one call per line. They can be used on their own or as part of a multi system with a PBX exchange.
- ISDN – ISDN phone lines allow voice and data transmission at the same time. Each line has 2 channels and the clarity of the calls are generally better than POTS.
- ISDN30 – Each line has 8 channels, meaning 8 lines are available from only one cable. ISDN30 is ideal for large businesses where there is a need for 8 or more lines. Each employee can have their own direct dial number with this option.
Continue reading to find out the difference between a small business phone line and a larger one.
What’s the difference between small business phone systems and a large ones?
It’s not just the lines you need to think about when looking for a new small business phone system. Equipment plays an integral role in the communications of any business, large and small.
If you are unsure about the differences and why you would choose one system or package over another, it’s important to consider the following:
- Use and Functionality – The functionality of a phone will often vary based on the needs of a business or an individual within a business. Employees within small businesses will often have to fulfil multiple roles, meaning the functionality of a small business phone will need extra features than that of a phone system for a large business.
- Price – As a small business, you will no doubt have a smaller budget than a bigger business, which is pretty obvious. This means you will need to find a value-for-money system where quality isn’t sacrificed. Finding the best deals and packages is a must for small businesses, as the need to save money is usually far greater than that of a large business.
- Flexibility – This is similar to what we mentioned about the functionality of the phone. Systems need to be flexible for who can use the phone and for different purposes. Conference calls and automated responses also need to be considered, although this is not strictly for small businesses only.
If you already have a clear idea about which phone line and system you require, you will no doubt be looking for the best supplier to suit your needs. There’s a lot to consider before choosing a supplier, so you need to know what to look for.
- Cost – Check for different quotes from different suppliers. This way you can check for affordability.
- Customer Service – Finding out how good a company’s customer service is can be a little trickier. Check for reviews and testimonials across the web, if you can, as this will help you to determine what level of service is offered. It’s also wise to find out about customer support to make sure the supplier can deal with any hardware/software problems if/when they arise and how quick and reliable they are at offering assistance.
If you are combining a phone system with a broadband package, it’s a wise idea to find out about the different speeds on offer. If your website is a fundamental part of your day to day business, it might be worth checking with your hosting company or web designer that the internet speeds are what you need.
Small Business Phone Line Quote
If you are looking for a small business telephone line, we can give you a quote on a range of systems and packages. The first thing you need to do is get in touch and speak to I.T.S Telecom about your needs for a reliable phone system and/or business broadband.